Montana ACETONE Spray is a universal thinner and cleaning agent that is transparent in color.
- Dissolves greases, resins, shellac, rubber, nitro-combi, acrylic and synthetic paints and certain adhesives and adhesive residues.
- Suitable for pretreatment before painting objects or to remove paint residues after painting.
- Can be used on porcelain, glass, ceramics, blank metals and others
- Evaporates quickly without leaving residues
- Thinning of lacquer paints
- Creates a watercolor effect with Montana Gold paints
- can be used as cap-cleaner
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Clogged or dirty spray heads should be placed briefly on the Acetone spray and sprayed through. Generally, it is recommended to clean the spray head of paint residues after each application, thus the service life is significantly extended.
By spraying Acetone directly, paint/varnish residues can simply be wiped away with a sponge or cloth after a short time. Plastics or brushes should always be tested for compatibility beforehand.
For optimal lifespan, store cans with the nozzle on.
PRODUCT NAME: Montana Cans T510 TECH ACETONE
HS CODE: 29141100
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Germany
NOZZLE: Skinny gold/ beige
RECOMMENDED NOZZLES: Needle Cap
LAQUER BASE: Acetone
PRESSURE LEVEL: Medium pressure
GLOSS LEVEL (60° angle according to DIN 67530): Value not measureable
HEAT RESISTANCE: n/a
DRYING TIME AT 20°C (68°F) AND 50% RELATIVE HUMIDITY: n/a
OPTIMAL PROCESSING CONDITIONS:
- Temperature 10° - 25°Celcius
- Surface temperature 5° - 40°Celcius
- Air humidity max. 60%
SHELF LIFE / STORAGE: 10 years with proper storage (10°-25°C, relative humidity of max. 60%).
DANGEROUS GOODS INFORMATION
- Dangerous goods class 2.1
- Clogged or dirty spray heads should be placed briefly on the Acetone spray and sprayed through.
- Cover sensitive surfaces that are not to be treated with foil.
- By spraying Acetone directly, paint/varnish residues can simply be wiped away with a sponge or cloth after a short time
- Before applying new coats, all residues of Graffiti-Ex must be removed.
- Always test beforehand, if plastics or brushes are compatible.
- Please do not use in styrofoam or other foamed materials
FREQUENTLY ASKED QEUSTIONS
What is Montana ACETONE spray?
Montana ACETONE spray is a universal thinner and cleaning agent that is transparent in color. It was also previously known as “Cap Cleaner”.
What do I use it for?
Montana ACETONE spray has many possible uses. As a commonly used thinning element in solvent based paints, it can be used to thin oil/solvent based paints. It cleans paint residue, lacquer, silicone, wax and tar from surfaces. It can also be used as a de-greaser.
What can I use it on?
Montana ACETONE spray can be used on porcelain, glass, ceramics, blank metals and other surfaces. Please note marking or etching could occur on surface that are not resistant to solvents. Always trial on non visible area to check compatibility.
Can it also clean nozzles?
Montana ACETONE spray can be used as a cleaner of spray can nozzles (otherwise know as „caps“). Simply apply freshly used cap to the ACETONE spray can before paint in/on it completely dry and trigger till acetone flows smoothly and cleanly. It may be possible to clear completely blocked caps by soaking in a acetone for 4-6 hours, to try and remove dry paint.
Can I clean brushes with it?
Montana ACETONE spray can clean brushes that are are coated in wet oil or solvent based coatings. Please note that hair curling may occur to lesser quality brushes.
How long does Montana ACETONE spray take to dry?
Montana ACETONE spray dries rapidly between 1-3 minutes depending on the amount applied and surfaces applied to.
Is there a creative way to use ACETONE spray?
Montana ACETONE spray can be used as a creating tool and not just as a cleaning agent. When applied to wet or not cured paints, the ACETONE spray can re-activate and break down pigment based materials to function as a thinning agent, such as water with water color paints. When the substrate is elevated or turned while paint is „open“, creative drips, mixing or marks can be made. Please test on non visible areas of materials to check for compatibility.
This technical application information is given to the best of our knowledge. However, it is only intended as non-binding information and does not release you from the obligation to carry out your own tests on the products supplied by us to determine their suitability for the intended applications. Application and processing are beyond our control and are therefore in the responsibility of the user. Montana Cans shall be released from liability
unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to Montana Cans.